I AM...My Soul's Love Manifesting
I AM...an expression of love
I AM...an expression of life
I AM...an expression of light
I AM...an expression of joy
I AM...an expression of beauty
I AM...an expression of compassion
Somewhere deep down, I've always known my life was destined. Ever since I can remember, my guiding theme has always been, "everything happens for a reason." Now, I see how everything is coming together...here's a brief synopsis of why I love my life:
* I was adopted as an infant at one month by amazing parents who were both music teachers
* began playing piano in kindergarten (5yrs) and my father suggested I start harp when I was in 4th grade (10yrs)
* participated in various scholarship pageants which helped me develop my speaking confidence
* took dance lessons for 10 years (ballet, tap, jazz & pointe)
* went to Indiana University where I studied harp with Susanne McDonald and Linda Wood and graduated with a BA in Telecommunications
* began speaking about how music, sound and vibrations impact us
* moved through many fears and started listening to music flowing through me
* John, a spiritual visionary, shared ancient healing chants with me and I heard music - it literally played me from the inside - we went into the studio to simply get the music out of me - The Magic Mirror - Inspired Reflections was born
* a radio show opportunity manifested, "Awaken to Yourself" ~ was fun while it lasted
* the Scientific Arts Foundation completed a pilot study exploring the impact of The Magic Mirror-Inspired Reflections CD on 5 women undergoing treatment for cancer
* Results from the QEEG pilot study indicated The Magic Mirror had a direct positive impact on EVERY neurological processing problem in EVERY participant...it actually INCREASED neurological functioning in 10 days
* the Scientific Arts Foundation designed a larger clinical study exploring the impact of The Magic Mirror on stress factors in 120 adults undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer. For more information, please visit: http://www.scientificartsfoundation.org
* I dreamed of gifting The Magic Mirror CD to newly diagnosed cancer patients around the world to help reduce the impact of chemobrain
* my original music continued to flow through and more recordings followed
* in December, 2010 I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer which created the opportunity for me to truly receive the gift of my music for myself - kept a journal knowing I was on a conscious journey to remembering love
* in December 2012 I was diagnosed again with breast cancer, underwent more surgeries and completed my book, "Loving Life...all of it - A Walk with Cancer Compassion and Consciousness."
* my purpose-filled and magical life with my husband John continues to inspire everything I create as a result of our spiritual journey with The ORIGINS Methodology of Self-Discovery ...his gift to manifest and share with the world. Click here to read more about John's background
* in January 2019 the proof-of-principle QEEG and saliva sample pilot studies with "The Magic Mirror" were published
* my passion for empowering others with a deeper understanding of resonance and self-care inspired "Conscious Self-Care" presentations and seminars
* as a pioneer in the field of harp therapy, I've been contributing articles, research, and doing presentations for over 15 years - in 2019 I went through the NSBTM certified Harp for Healing accreditation program and am now a Certified Clinical Musician
* a new feasibility clinical trial was approved in December 2019 through Washington University School of Medicine using The Magic Mirror music with newly diagnosed cancer patients. This study would have been conducted at Siteman Cancer Center. Funding was not secured and the study was closed October 15, 2021.
* my heart overflows with gratitude for the thousands of people who have embraced my music as part of their lives - their unsolicited testimonials touch my soul
So there you have it...a brief synopsis of how my life has divinely come to this point in time.
Loving life...all of it,
View my full CV
For those looking for a Bio...below are a few versions:
feel free to cut and paste as needed:
Amy Camie is a Certified Clinical Musician, Professional & Therapeutic Harpist, Recording Artist, Speaker, Author, 2-time Breast Cancer Thriver, and Educator. She has co-authored several pilot studies demonstrating the effects of her music on brainwave and immune system function, pain, and anxiety levels. Amy inspires others to tune in and embrace the fullness of who they are so they can transform chaos into harmony within and around them.
Amy Camie is a passionate woman who loves expressing her gifts, living her truth, and empowering others to do the same. Her life is a tapestry of deep spirituality, classical and therapeutic musical training, holistic research development, two journeys with breast cancer, healing concerts and events, hundreds of presentations on the healing power of music, resonance, and conscious self-care, and sharing original music that sings from the depths of her soul.
Amy Camie, CCM is a Certified Clinical Musician, professional harpist, speaker, recording artist, composer, author, and Co-Initiator of The ORIGIN Methodology of Self-Discovery. She has presented hundreds of workshops and seminars for local, regional and national audiences on the power of music, resonance, and conscious self-care. Amy's solo harp CDs have been used in several pilot research studies indicating how they increase neurological functioning, support the immune system and reduce pain, distress and anxiety levels. Her CDs are used in hospitals, cancer centers, hospices, and nursing homes as well as for general relaxation and stress reduction. www.AmyCamie.com
Amy Camie, CCM is a Certified Clinical Musician, professional harpist, inspirational speaker, recording artist, composer, author, and co-Initiator of The ORIGIN Methodology of Self-Discovery. She has presented hundreds of seminars and presentations for local, regional and national audiences on the power of music, resonance and conscious self-care. In December 2010, Amy was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer and began her personal conscious self-care journey to love. In December 2012, she was diagnosed a second time and shortly afterwards published her book, “Loving Life…all of it – A Walk with Cancer, Compassion and Consciousness.” Amy's solo harp CDs have been used in several pilot research studies indicating how they increase neurological functioning, support the immune system and reduce pain, distress and anxiety levels. Her inspired music relaxes the body, calms the mind, and gently touches the soul. As one woman said, "You touch others in such a deep place with your music because it comes from such a deep place inside of you."